Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 “Craft-olutions”


Can I just make up a word?  Like it? 


We all come up with the same ol’ same resolutions every New Year. 
“Lose weight, exercise, don’t eat this, don’t eat that, etc. etc.”  What an un-inspiring way to start the New Year!  We know how to create a healthy life.  It should not be a resolution but a lifestyle, right?  SO…..How about this year we get inspired to create instead!  But first we need to make a list so we don’t lose focus!  (Wink!)


I always have random, wandering thoughts of craft projects I’d like to accomplish.  I think of them one day, forget them the next, only to remember them days/weeks later.  Not this time, I’ve been brainstorming this last week, writing down all my ideas and projects hiding in my closet.


This year I will finish my craft-olutions so I can look back and smile at all the beauty I created in 2014.  This is not to say these are the only things I will do….  I’m not THAT predictable!  Haha! 


Here they are, the list that will keep me “organized” and hopefully keep you inspired.
  • Craft Room Organization – the toys and the little people are joining me this year and it’s a crash of the toy blocks and fabric right now.  I can’t handle it much longer….patiently waiting for my Ikea order… tap, tap, tap…….
  • Wood Burning projects – I have a Woodburning tool that needs the dust knocked off of it and a wedding gift I need to finish!  Eek!
  • Chalk paint – used it?  I LOVE this stuff!  There is furniture calling your name.
  • Mug Rugs – These things are as cute as they sound!
  • Quilting – I have a ton of scraps, I think another quilt is in order.
  • Mixer Cover Pattern – Mixer Covers are my one claim to fame!  Ha!  Might as well put it on paper instead of keeping it just in my head.
  • Dresses for my girls
  • Tackle a new fabric other then cotton….. Knit, maybe?!?!
  • Pearl Snaps – Love these vintage shirts.  I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on some great ones…now I just need to figure out something fun to do with them.
  • Recover my Couch – Say WHAT?!?!?  This is really just a thought not sure I’m brave enough to tackle it right now. 
  • Vegetable Garden – I probably get more giddy and inspired walking into a plant nursery on a spring day then anything else.  Walking into a fabric store is a VERY close second though.  Winking smile
  • Pancakes – Not fabric or plants but over the last year I cannot get enough of these things.  I am open to any and all recipes!  My goal is to try a new recipe every week.  (Might not be every week because I already have some real favorites.)
Doable, right?!  I think so.  And if you know me, you know that there will be more fun things I come up with.  You’ll have to stay tuned to see the finished products and what else I come up with!


Lets make 2014 BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment