Can I just make up a word? Like it?
We all come up with the same ol’ same resolutions every New Year.
“Lose weight, exercise, don’t eat this, don’t eat that, etc. etc.” What an un-inspiring way to start the New Year! We know how to create a healthy life. It should not be a resolution but a lifestyle, right? SO…..How about this year we get inspired to create instead! But first we need to make a list so we don’t lose focus! (Wink!)
I always have random, wandering thoughts of craft projects I’d like to accomplish. I think of them one day, forget them the next, only to remember them days/weeks later. Not this time, I’ve been brainstorming this last week, writing down all my ideas and projects hiding in my closet.
This year I will finish my craft-olutions so I can look back and smile at all the beauty I created in 2014. This is not to say these are the only things I will do…. I’m not THAT predictable! Haha!
Here they are, the list that will keep me “organized” and hopefully keep you inspired.
- Craft Room Organization – the toys and the little people are joining me this year and it’s a crash of the toy blocks and fabric right now. I can’t handle it much longer….patiently waiting for my Ikea order… tap, tap, tap…….
- Wood Burning projects – I have a Woodburning tool that needs the dust knocked off of it and a wedding gift I need to finish! Eek!
- Chalk paint – used it? I LOVE this stuff! There is furniture calling your name.
- Mug Rugs – These things are as cute as they sound!
- Quilting – I have a ton of scraps, I think another quilt is in order.
- Mixer Cover Pattern – Mixer Covers are my one claim to fame! Ha! Might as well put it on paper instead of keeping it just in my head.
- Dresses for my girls
- Tackle a new fabric other then cotton….. Knit, maybe?!?!
- Pearl Snaps – Love these vintage shirts. I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on some great ones…now I just need to figure out something fun to do with them.
- Recover my Couch – Say WHAT?!?!? This is really just a thought not sure I’m brave enough to tackle it right now.
- Vegetable Garden – I probably get more giddy and inspired walking into a plant nursery on a spring day then anything else. Walking into a fabric store is a VERY close second though.
- Pancakes – Not fabric or plants but over the last year I cannot get enough of these things. I am open to any and all recipes! My goal is to try a new recipe every week. (Might not be every week because I already have some real favorites.)
Lets make 2014 BEAUTIFUL!